Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Love Story: Annie, 4 months



What can I say? I am in love. Annie is just about the best thing goin' these days and at 4 months, I am reminded what "baby love" is all about. I could talk and play and stare at her for hours. She chatters and babbles and screeches and gurgles and laughs and smiles, smiles, smiles. She recognizes us now and I am treated to a mini Riverdance every time I walk into the room. Her little legs get kicking and she wiggles with delight. It is incredibly endearing. She is so loud. Crazy loud. So loud that we have to rush her into our bedroom to change her when she wakes at night because she has woken Liam with her hoots and hollers. And that is through a wall, a fan and a white noise machine. I guess she figures that's just about the only way to get heard around here. She'd be right. I used to worry about how Liam's tantrums and screaming fits would affect her sleeping and mood, but they do not faze her, in fact, I would say that right now, they are the soundtrack to her life.

Remember that baby that cried day and night, threw up constantly and just seemed downright miserable? Gone. Gone, gone, gone. Yes, she still spits up endlessly but she has found her way back to the mellow girl we brought home from the hospital. Dare I say....an easy baby. And I am crazy about her. All 15 lbs, 2 oz and 26 inches of her. I can't get enough of her and she can't get enough of Liam, even though he still refuses to acknowledge her existence. She's getting hard to ignore though, what with the drooly grins and cooing and gooing she makes at him. He'll be hard pressed to deny her much longer, especially since her new favorite trick is to reach out and grab his clothes. You can imagine how this thrills him.

She is just plain great and I can't believe that we have all made it this far. I think there is hope for us yet!

No comments: